2023-2024 ICHL Evaluations
- Evaluations dates have not yet been scheduled for the 2023-2024 season. Please stay tuned and check our FMH Organization Calendar for full schedule
- Evaluation skates will occur for the following divisions: U11, U13, U15 and U18
- Full hockey equipment is mandatory, jersey will be supplied when you check in
Click here for some equipment tips
There will be 2-3 evaluators for all divisions. Evaluators will rank the players on four main skills; skating, shooting, passing, and puck control.
- Players will be given a total score based on the applicable evaluated skills listed above by each evaluator.
- The evaluators will meet with the Coaching Coordinator and teams will be temporarily selected for upcoming scrimmage squads. Evaluators, together with the Coordinator, will place players onto squads by evaluation scores, so squads are evaluated as fairly as possible. Evaluators will only have sweater numbers (not names) to place players onto squads.
- Do not assume your child is on a team until you are contacted by your coach welcoming you to a team.
: There are no full-time/permanent goaltenders at the U9 and U11 levels. All players will have an equal opportunity to play or try goalie if they wish and are encouraged to try the position at least once. Coaches will be asked to email parents prior to the season asking if your child is interested in playing goalie. The number of goalies interested will be rotated evenly for games throughout the season and if you child decides they don’t want to play at any time they will simply be removed from the list. This ensures fairness to all players and that they get a turn to try the position.
Any requests must be made in writing prior to tryouts starting - no exceptions
. Each request will be reviewed by the Association but we cannot guarantee any requests we receive. Please be specific with your request and reason for request.
Send requests to [email protected]